Birkbeck University of London
A leading research university and vibrant learning community. Birkbeck is different: our classes are held in the evening, so your days are free - to study, work, volunteer or just do your own thing. We know the conventional university model isn’t right for everyone. Our evening teaching gives people who care about their future something special: the opportunity to study at a world-class, research-intensive university and progress their life goals at the same time.
Birkbeck offers a unique combination of evening study and a matchless central London location, right in the geographic and academic centre of the city, giving you exceptional opportunities. At Birkbeck, you can build your own university experience, with as little or as much support as you need. Birkbeck offers a famously friendly, welcoming environment and we will be with you every step of the way, offering academic support and pastoral guidance, whenever you need it. And studying in the evening doesn’t mean you can't get the full student experience of life at a vibrant city-centre university: our main campus is on the University of London's central London campus, next to other universities, surrounded by world-famous museums and galleries, in the heart of London, and we're just a few minutes’ stroll from London’s famous West End.
- Right next door to Birkbeck’s main campus in Bloomsbury, central London, is Student Central. You will have automatic access to its excellent and affordable sports facilities, societies, music venues, bars and cafes.
- We have got our own Students' Union too, which represents students’ interests and runs clubs, societies and social activities.
- Birkbeck has a range of cafes, coffee shops and a bar, and is home to the weekly Bloomsbury Farmers’ Market.
- We also have our own award-winning cinema at 43 Gordon Square in Bloomsbury, which hosts regular free film screenings.
- The Peltz Gallery in our School of Arts in Bloomsbury hosts curated displays, exhibitions and events.