Jackson College offers quality, transformational educational opportunities to prepare students for today’s career fields or transfer to a university. The College is committed to student success, with expert faculty, academic support and student services.
Jackson College was founded as Jackson Junior College in 1928 and operated as a division of the Jackson Union School District. In 1962, Jackson County voters created Jackson Community College as a distinct entity; and in 1964, they passed a charter millage that still helps to fund the College today. Rapid enrollment and program growth in the 1960s spurred construction of a new campus on its present site. In June 2013, in light of the College’s decision to begin development of curriculum for two bachelor degree programs and increased efforts in international studies, the Board of Trustees voted to change the name to Jackson College.