Monash at a glance
Monash University is a proud member of prestigious "Group of Eight" universities. Monash University was established in Melbourne, Australia in 1958.
We are a youthful organisation, enthusiastic, optimistic and accessible. We believe quality education and research can change the world for the better.
We offer a large number of courses across numerous disciplines.
At Monash you can choose from many study options including double degrees, part-time study, off-campus learning and alternative pathways.
Our researchers make highly significant contributions that bring real and positive change to the lives of people all over the world.
Total student enrolments: 63,002
Our world university rankings
At Monash, we take our reputation seriously. Monash has achieved an enviable national and international reputation for research and teaching excellence in a short 50 years. Monash is ranked in the top one per cent of world universities. And, in line with our vision and strategy for the future, Monash will continue to drive for improvement.
But while rankings are important, we care as much about your individual experience as we do about our position on the global scale. Monash gives you opportunities that don't affect our rankings, but will enrich your life as a Monash student.
Monash is ranked:
- in the top one per cent of world universities – 74th in the world – according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2016–2017)
- in the top 100 world universities, with an estimated rank of 79th according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2016.
Leaders from the world's most successful companies consistently rate Monash as a preferred university from which to hire graduates. Global Employability Rankings, 2011–2015, New York Times
Ranked 56th in the world from which to hire graduates (Global Employability University Rankings, 2015)
The Good Universities Guide 2016 awarded Monash five stars for:
- staff qualifications
- student retention
- research grants.
Top one per cent of business employability education providers. Monash is the only Group of Eight university with triple crown international business accreditation within the Faculty of Business and Economics:
Monash is ranked:
- the best university in Australia for engineering and technology (Times Higher Education, 2016-2017)
- the best university in Australia for chemistry (Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2015)
- 41st in the world for clinical, pre-clinical medicine and health (Times Higher Education, 2016-2017)
- 63rd in the world for business and economics (Times Higher Education, 2016-2017)
Monash is a member of the Group of Eight, an alliance of leading Australian universities recognised for their excellence in teaching and research. Group of Eight universities produce graduates who find full-time employment sooner,begin on higher salaries, and are more likely to move onto postgraduate studies than graduates from other Australian universities.