Waterford Institute of Technology
Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) is one of the longest established(1970), largest and most academically revered Institutes of Technology in Ireland. It is an self reliant Higher Education Institution operating inside the Irish National Qualifications Network. The awards from WIT are recognized global and graduates of the Institute occupy senior positions in primary businesses in Ireland, the EU and further afield.
There are many active student clubs and societies within the Institute to cater for all hobbies and interests, including some dedicated to the interests of international students. In addition, we have extensive student support services, and are particularly sensitive to the special needs of overseas students. Our international office staff advise and help on all student issues and concerns.
We provide excellent apartment-style accommodation for all our students on or near the campus. These have single or double study bedrooms and ensuite bathrooms, with shared kitchen and living room. All apartments are fully furnished and equipped, and heating and electricity is included. In cases where students desire private accommodation, WIT's Accommodation Office will provide assistance. The Institute does not offer homestay accommodation.
Why study here: -
- It has state of the art facilities and a vibrant student community.
- The cost of living in Waterford city is favourable compared with that of Dublin or Cork.
- Waterford City is located within easy access of the beaches and coastline of the South East, giving students excellent recreational opportunities.
- Waterford has a regional airport with flights to the UK and continental Europe.
- WIT is regarded as one of the top centres in Europe for Telecommunications Software Development and Research.