UC International College at University of Canterbury
UCIC was once set up following a collaborative agreement between Navitas Limited and the University of Canterbury in 2013. The pathway programme is the first of its kind in New Zealand and designed to assist international students to better adapt to the challenges of living and studying in a new country and in a second language. UCIC assists its students to achieve their educational goals through personalised support and the opportunity to study at one of New Zealand's premier universities. UCIC‘s students enjoy full get entry to to University of Canterbury facilities and services and experience like a UC scholar from the second they arrive on campus. By selecting to study at UCIC, college students undertake a programme that is moderated via the University of Canterbury to ensure the perfect academic pleasant.
UCIC students can:
- access University facilities and services including libraries, computer laboratories (some open 24/7), recreation facilities, on-campus accommodation, health services and career services
- be part of a diverse and vibrant student population, with international students representing over 60 countries
- have access to more than 120 clubs on campus covering sporting, recreational, academic and cultural events and activities
- be given academic and personal support to reach goals
- learn in small classes, complemented by small group tutorials and workshops
- receive extra academic contact to fully develop understanding of each course
- experience exceptional standards of teaching, with courses that are delivered by highly qualified academics.