The purpose of the MA degree is to provide students with an opportunity to:
1) Broaden and deepen their knowledge and understanding of history.
2) Acquire an understanding of theoretical approaches to history and historiography.
3) Develop an ability to analyze and interpret historical developments by historical research, writing and presentation.
4) Apply their understanding of the historical complexity of the people, institutions, events, and ideas that shape the world today.
5) Acquire a foundation of a professional identity as a historian.